McLean Medication Error Attorney
Licensed To Represent You In Washington, D.C., Maryland And Virginia Courts
Estimates from the Institute of Medicine indicate that at least 1.5 million Americans are killed, injured or made ill because of errors in prescribing or dispensing medications. Under applicable standards of care, nurses and doctors are required to keep accurate records of the medications that are ordered and dispensed to patients. If you’re in need of a McLean Medication Error Attorney, make sure to call us today.
Examples of medication errors include the following:
- A nurse fails to provide a medication ordered by the Doctor
- A nurse administers a medication that is different from the one ordered by your doctor
- A nurse administers the wrong dosage of a medication
- A doctor or nurse practitioner prescribes a medication despite a known allergy
- A doctor or nurse practitioner prescribes a medication that is contraindicated by ant
- A health care provider fails to timely recognize adverse side effects from a medication, which would prompt the medications immediate cessation and treatment
- A pharmacy misfills the prescription by either providing the wrong medication or provides inaccurate dosage instructions
- A doctor treating a nursing home patients uses medications as chemical restraints or to fails to seek medication reductions to maximize a patient’s mental health.
Contact Our Law Firm
If you or a loved one was injured due to a medical mistake, contact The Law Office of Jeffrey J. Downey, P.C., to discuss your case.