FOIA Data Base – The Law Office of Jeffrey J. Downey, serving clients in Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland
If you have been injured in a nursing home or assisted living facility, call the Law Office of Jeffrey J. Downey for a free consultation.
Phone: 703-564-7318; email: email@example.com
Fox Chase Rehabilitation and Nursing Center 2015 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- For-Profit Corporation with 87 beds
- Legal Business Name – Silver Spring MD Opco LLC
- Owner/Operator – Simcha Hyman and Naftali Zanziper
- No active website; can be found through https://www.caring.com/senior-living/maryland/silver-spring/fox-chase-rehab-and-nursing-20910
As of August 2021, Fox Chase Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is listed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as a three-star facility on a scale to five at www.medicare.gov.
Researching Nursing Homes
A note by attorney Jeffrey J. Downey:
Thank you for visiting my website. Anyone who is considering the admission of a loved one into a nursing home should undertake a review of surveys or other data that will provide a snapshot of some of the issues or problems that the facility is experiencing. Keep in mind that this information can be limited and may not reflect the actual condition of the facility when your loved one is admitted. You should consider personal visits of any facility you are evaluating.
The Maryland Department of Health inspects nursing homes including Fox Chase Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Silver Spring, MD. Periodically they do inspections as complaint surveys which should be public record.
I am interested in any additional information you may have on this facility. Please call me with any question about this or any other facility you may be interested in searching or prosecuting civilly for patient neglect or abuse.
If you have a concern or complaint about a nursing facility, there are three ways to file your complaint:
1) Write to the Maryland Department of Health, Office of Health Care Quality, 7120 Samuel Morse Drive, Second Floor, Columbia, MD 21046-3422. (link https://health.maryland.gov/ohcq/docs/complaint_form.pdf)
2) Fax : 410-402-8179
3) Online – https://fs30.formsite.com/OHCQ/OnlineComplaintForm/index.html Having already researched Fox Chase Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Silver Spring,
Maryland, and obtained FOIA responses, I am posting these statements of deficiencies here, in a searchable format. Keep in mind that these surveys have been altered during the conversion process and you should update your search results.
Disclaimer: Information is built using data sources published by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) under Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The information disclosed on the NPI Registry are FOIA-disclosable and are required to be disclosed under the FOIA and the FOIA amendments to the FOIA. There is no way to ‘opt out’ or ‘suppress’ the NPPES record data for health care providers with active NPls. Some documents may not be accurately copied and some results may have changed upon appeal, which may not be noted here.