When The Unthinkable Happens...
After a serious accident, life takes a drastic turn. Whether you were injured in a car crash or due to a medical mistake, or if your elder parent was the victim of nursing home abuse — these events affect your entire family. Not only are there financial concerns about paying for medical expenses, but often also a deep sense of injustice over what has happened. At this time, your focus needs to be on recovery and healing. However, it is also important to retain an experienced personal injury attorney to fight the legal battles on your behalf.
Serving Clients In Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia
At The Law Office of Jeffrey J. Downey, P.C., we represent people who have been seriously harmed due to the negligent actions of another. Serving clients throughout Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland and West Virginia, we fight for justice and compensation to address issues surrounding personal injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, emotional trauma and physical pain.
Our law firm is led by experienced attorney Jeffrey Downey. Mr. Downey is highly respected in the local and legal communities for his legal skill, client advocacy and ability to secure results. Clients also trust our representation due to Mr. Downey's:
- Experience: Attorney Downey has more than 25 years of legal experience, many of which were spent doing defense work for the federal government and insurance defense companies. Having handled many different types of cases from large antitrust matters to complex medical malpractice cases, he is well-suited to take on your case.
- Results: Mr. Downey has obtained many significant settlements and verdicts over the course of his career as a plaintiffs' attorney, including various multimillion-dollar and/or record-breaking verdicts.
- Recognition: Jeffrey Downey holds the prestigious AV Preeminent rating* from by Martindale-Hubbell, a distinction given to a select number of attorneys based on legal skill, knowledge and ethics. He has also been selected to the Best Lawyer's List in the Washingtonian magazine for his work as a nursing home negligence attorney.
- Knowledge: Due to his extensive knowledge in elder abuse advocacy and injury law, Mr. Downey is frequently asked to present at seminars regarding nursing home abuse. He has also published numerous articles as well as a book on the topic.
- Advocacy: Mr. Downey's work in elder advocacy goes well beyond his legal practice. He also teaches other lawyers in this area, volunteers for a number of elder protection nonprofits and has worked on legislation regarding these important issues. Additionally, clients of his have been asked to testify before Congress in order to educate lawmakers on issues in nursing home abuse and neglect.
In addition to injury law, we also provide representation in medical fraud whistleblower cases as well as select commercial litigation matters.
Blog and Social Media not fair game in Discovery in Virginia Personal Injury Case
Defense attorneys defending personal injury cases will often seek the disclosure of social media, emails and any additional information that may address the Plaintiff's medical condition, explains Personal Injury Attorney Jeffrey J. Downey. Read more.
Extra UIM Policy Found Applicable
Virginia Case Expands potential insurance coverage, by Jeffrey J. Downey
UIM coverage or uninsured motorist coverage kicks in when you get involved in an accident and the person who caused the accident either does not have insurance or does not have adequate insurance. Personal Injury attorney Jeffrey J. Downey recommends that everyone have significant UIM coverage as there are some motorists in the DC metro area who may have minimal limit policies or no insurance policies at all. Read more.
Do You Have A Valid Case? Contact Our Law Firm To Find Out.
We invite you to learn more about our law firm and then contact us at 800-695-8066 to schedule a free initial consultation. The majority of our cases are based on a contingency fee agreement where we take no attorney's fee unless we win. The initial consultation can be done over the phone.
Free Initial Consultations | We Can Come To You | No Attorney's Fees Unless We Win Your Case
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Required Legal Disclaimer
This web site was created for informational purposes and should not be construed to constitute legal advise or an agreement to represent you in any matter. An attorney client relationship cannot be formed by reading this web page or filling out the contact page, and will only be created through a mutual written agreement. To the extent that the rules of professional responsibility require us to designate an attorney responsible for this Web site, it is attorney Jeffrey J. Downey.